Monday 12 May 2014

"Beat the Bullies Unbeatable!"


(Picture Credit - Great Barrier Reef by Travelstar)

Am typing this live, so fingers crossed. Have just seen that my "Beat the Bullies" piece on Triond has now had 25,800 Views. By my humble standards that is viral. In the last month my "Beyond Jane" articles have grossed 2229 Views, most of them from "Bullies".

When I first went on Triond most of my Views came from the UK, with the USA a respectable second. Now, however, my Triond View share by nation is: USA 85%, Turkey (!) 4, France 3, UK 3, Spain 2, Germany 2 and Romania (!) 2. Bullies has taken over the whole scene.

I still don't know why this is. Bullying might be a big issue in the USA. The word "Assertiveness" might be drawing readers too. Any block Viewing going on? Does the anti-bullying image I used have something to do with it? Who knows.

Not had many comments however. Then again "Disqus" might not appeal for commenting now.

On the other hand I have stopped putting poems or stories on Triond. My articles or blogs draw plenty of views but my poetry and fiction get very little response. I now post poetry etc. on Voicesnet first. "ScribeSlice" is a useful new site for me too. PoetFreak, Booksie etc. are okay too. At least you get comments on these.

Am waiting for Authonomy (Harper Collins Books) to do a revamp and get rid of that 10,000 word-minimum rule. Sorry Harpers but I'm no marathon man, only a sprinter. Over and Out.

PS 24\5\14 - Bullies has 27,327 Views now - heading for 30,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment