Tuesday 29 January 2013

Triond Tragedy


(Picture Credit - World Trade Centers by Andrea Yelde)




The following blog has ironically attracted 638 Views on Triond to press (29\1\13). My "Fergie" piece has had 370 Views and is still on the "Sportales" top ten and doing well. However, my article "Single" on Triond has received 826 Views. Anyway, here is "Triond Tragedy":


Late last year Shelpeare and others advised me (and everyone else) to target Triond sites with a “Top of the Pops List”. So I targeted “Beyond Jane” a few times and got hundreds of views. On 12th January I targeted “Sportales” with “World Ping Pong Championship 2013”. However, I made a typo in the title, and all was lost...

As I said above in my description, following the advice of Shelpeare and others late last year gave me a mini Triond Triumph. “Beyond Jane” was the scene for hundreds of views for me. Loved it.

The same tactic did not work on “Writinghood” because its “Top Ten” was monopolised by one or two writers. But hey, “Beyond Jane” was great: namely my pieces “Single”, “Listen” and “Beat the Bullies...”

But then I posted “Ping Pong...” As usual I copied and pasted the “Description” and main text from “Microsoft Word”. (My “Word” automatically corrects some spelling errors and underlines the others in bright red). Titles are too short to copy and paste so I typed this one straight in again: BUT I typed “Champoinship”!!! Only after it was published did I notice this error but I submitted a “fix” immediately. The URL showed the same typo by the way.

Just before that fix I had six Views and the piece went straight onto the “Sportales Top of the Pops”. Since then NO FURTHER VIEWS. Whenever I click on the title from my “Published” page I get “Not Found”. For days the same “Not Found” notice appeared when I clicked the title on the “Top Ten”.

By searching Sportales I found a “Sportales: Sport” page listing recent articles and THAT link worked! The URL was amended too. Later I changed the title again, using “Championships” with an “s”. The URL changed but only that one link worked. Further Views by Shelpeare and myself there did not register.

I complained to GetSat about this “access lack” and added further update-comments but there was no reply. Talked with Shelpeare via Personal Message at great length: this has happened to him and many others too.

Today the “plot thickened” when I checked my View stats. My “Referring Chart” shows 900 Views recently from Sportales and next to nothing from anywhere else. An article of mine, “Cheating at Table Tennis” has had 330 Views (don’t recall these hitting my Dashboard by the way) but “Ping Pong...” remains at SIX. Where are the other 600 Views?

Being an optimistic person I hope these Views will come through for “Ping Pong”. I also hope those links from my “Published” page, my profile etc. will be restored.

While I’m at it. Earlier I complained to “GetSat” about their “Image Machine”. When you draft a piece there is a button to “Get Images”: usually a selection of images appears: you click on one, it turns green and hey presto... For “Ping Pong”, however, the images provided were unresponsive, although their “credit details” did “pop up”. So I had to track an image down to source and add from my laptop. Such unresponsiveness happens from time to time and is a pain. Rant Over.


Paul Butters

No comments:

Post a Comment